The Silverdome is a state of the art facility that is available for a wide variety of rental options. The Silverdome offers four separate and unique areas for hosting everything from conferences to parking lot ride-and-drive events. The Silverdome, the Mini Sports Dome, the parking lot and the Featherstone Fieldhouse are available to help meet the special event needs of any group. The building’s unique versatility has been utilized by numerous event planners and promoters since its opening. The Silverdome is the largest air-supported stadium in the world. It is the perfect venue for large-scale gatherings and intimate events. We have the flexibility and the capabilities to meet the diverse needs of promoters. Our state of the art theatrical curtain system can divide the stadium into six different configurations and capacities.
At the Silverdome our goal is to provide you and your guests with a one-of-a-kind experience. Our team is ready to assist with every detail of your event and we are committed to providing you with exceptional customer service. We offer a full range of premium event services, including:
- In-house event planning and management
- Event marketing & PR support
- State-of-the-art technology
- Outstanding catering and concessions
- 12,464 on-site parking spaces
- Easy load in with direct show floor access
- Partnerships with local hotels, decorators, and more
|EVENT TYPES:||Sporting Events||Concerts||Featherstone Fieldhouse||Outdoor Field||Parking Lot||Mini - Dome|
Trade and Consumer Shows with a variety of spaces that can accommodate small events to large-scale, multi-space exhibitions, the Silverdome is the ideal location for trade and consumer shows. The technologically advanced facility is wifi capable, and the score and ribbon boards are available for announcements and advertisements. Most of the spaces are column-free and the main show floor includes a full-utility grid. Load in and out is made easy by direct show floor access. Your attendees will enjoy abundant parking, climate-controlled comfort and private exhibition entrances with direct access to the show floor.
The Silverdome is a previous host to the Detroit Lions and Panthers, as well as Super Bowl XVI in 1982 and the 1979 NBA All-Star Game. The Silverdome has hosted the International World Cup Soccer in 1994 (the first indoor stadium to host four first-round soccer games in World Cup History on natural grass.) The premier sports and entertainment complex was designed to be a multi-purpose facility that can host nearly any sporting event. The Silverdome is capable of hosting basketball, international soccer, motocross, bull riding, lacrosse, charity walks and runs, and more. From box-office arrangements, to production and promotion, our team can assist you in producing a successful sporting event!
The Silverdome is the major concert venue of choice in the Detroit area. The multi-purpose facility was designed to host large-scale concerts and has built-in features to provide great acoustics. Built to allow for easy move in and out, your production crew will be able to drive directly onto the concert floor. Our facility includes a variety of spaces that can accommodate show and production offices, green rooms, meet-and-greet areas, and more. In addition, we can assist with the promotion of your concert.
- Seating capacity - 80,325
- Arena/10,000 floor - 42,082
- Concession stands - 42
- Restaurant capacity - 1500
- Banquet rooms - 2
- Restrooms - 44
- Executive suites - 93
- Super Party suites - 2
- Press area capacity - 150 upper/150 lower
- Floor capacity - 94,000sq. ft/10,000 people
- Roof height - 202ft
- Building size - Overall 770 ft. x 600 ft
- Field - 94,000 sq. ft (232.8 ft. x 402 ft)
- Lower concourse - 73,000 sq. ft.
For a group too large for an Executive Suite, but too small for the stadium, the Featherstone Fieldhouse is the ideal setting. Corporate seminars or special interest groups often find the Featherstone Fieldhouse can serve their unique needs. It is the perfect location to hold a large reception, pep rally or press conference in conjunction with an event taking place at the Silverdome. The Annex also can be rented independent of the main building.
- 120 ft. deep x 193 ft. long x 24 ft. high at center
- Concrete floor (turf optional)*Three rows of high bay lights
- Natural gas heat
- Air conditioned
- Seating capacity up to 2,500, based on room set up
- Overhead door access
- Four service-entry doors
- Phone and internet service
- Wheelchair accessible
Want to go off-roading or test a new car? The Silverdome parking lot has plenty of room to accommodate everything from event parking and corporate ride-and-drives to carnivals and outdoor fairs.
- On-site (100 acres, lighted and paved)
- Six separate areas available
- Automobile capacity: 12, 464 (Handicap: 389)
- Available year-round
- Electricity available (limited) including parking lot lights
- Water source available
- Overnight security available
- Conference room available
- Barricading available Off-Site (23.5 acres, unpaved)
- Automobile capacity: 2,200
- Available year round
- Pedestrian access to facility
Mini – Dome
The Mini-Dome can host a before-or-after-concert celebration, sporting-event reception, or create-your-own event completely separate from the main building. The Mini-Dome, with its domed roof and oval shape, provides an attractive and unique setting for any event. Host a dinner “under the stars” or a small trade show or conference. The Mini-Dome, which can be leased independent of the main building, has been used for corporate receptions and trade shows, and as a parents’ room during pop and rock concerts.
- 240 ft. deep x 324 ft. long x 70 ft. high air-supported structure
- Attached to Silverdome by 250 ft. awning at East Gate entrance
- Natural-gas heat
- Air conditioned
- Seating capacity up to 9,500 based on room set up (portable)
- Phone and cable service
- Water and sewer
- Two revolving-door entrances
- Vehicle air-lock
- Wheelchair accessible